Simple utility to view and modify VCF files
- Category Agendas
- Program license Free
- Version 1
- Size 22 KB
- Works under: Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows 2003 / Windows XP / Windows NT / Windows 2000 / Windows ME / Windows 98 SE / Windows 98 / Windows 95
- Program available in English
- Program by XyLoNaMiyX
View and edit vCards for free with vCard Editor for Windows.
vCard Editor is a free program for Microsoft Windows that lets you deliver all of your business card information over the internet in a fun and easy to use way. A vCard is a virtual business card that can hold all types of data like email addresses, URLs, pictures, and everything else you’d expect to share with a virtual business card.
The most common problem most Windows users face with vCards are the fact that so few viewers actually let you modify them – but vCard Editor does! With this program you’ll be able to delete and add all data to your VCF files, giving you total control over what’s sent with your files when you attach a vCard to your email signature or website.
Another thing to love about this editor is the fact that it doesn’t require installation. You can keep the program on a USB stick, your phone, or other detachable drive and just run it when you need to edit your vCard files. It’s important to note that unlike some other legacy vCard programs for Windows you won’t have to modify your registry to get this program running.
You'll also have the ability to create brand new vCards with the program, but it's important to point out that you're going to need to understand what the Version and VF properties are for vCards before you can save with the program. Without this data other vCard readers won't be able to understand what's inside and the file will break, rendering it useless.
Version 3.0 is the most standard selection for most vCard users, but you can also rollback to Version 2.0 or go up to Version 4.0 (the latest). If you’re not sure what your VF and Version are for your vCard (or which one is right for you), you’ll need to research which version will best suit your needs before you get started.
Aside from a slight learning curve regarding vCard fields, vCard Editor is a good choice for most users that want to view, modify and create vCards. It’s free, it doesn’t require installation or modify your system in any way, and you can run the program from a backup drive or USB fob on most Windows PCs. After all, if it doesn't work you can just delete it!
- Easy and Free Way to Edit vCard files This freeware program will let you add and edit all kinds of data to your VCF vCard files
- Requires No Installation Even if you don’t have admin privileges on your machine, you’ll be able to run the program from a USB key without installation.
- You Need to Understand vCard Structure Without the correct Version and VF data you won’t be able to modify and save your vCards with this program.